[pm-h] blosxom (perl) and apache2

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 12:15:24 PDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Russell L. Harris <rlharris at oplink.net>
wrote:

> * Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at att.net> [080330 07:35]:
> >
> > Russell L. Harris wrote:
> > > I plan to revert from WordPress to Blosxom (which is written in Perl)
> > > for my blog, but I have not figured out how to get Apache2 to display
> > > Blosxom articles.
> >
> > I had never heard of it until now.
> > This unofficial site appears to be fairly active:
> > http://blosxom.ookee.com/blog/
>
> Thanks.  I stand corrected.  But it appears that much of the interest
> in bloxsom has been diverted to pyblosxom, which began as a clone of
> blosxom, but written in python.  Neither appears to have a large user
> base.
>
> After hours of fruitless searching with Google and Yahoo, I'm about
> willing to go with whichever one I get working first.

I had started looking into using Blosxom a few months back for a personal
blog, but ended up going with Movable Type (http://www.movabletype.com/,
also written in Perl).  Not sure if there's a difference between MT 4.1 for
personal use and MTOS (Movable Type Open Source -
http://movabletype.org/opensource/).  I may still try to play around with
Blosxom, though.

Jeremy