[pm-h] Strawberry Perl installation

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 7 18:38:45 PST 2008

"G. Wade Johnson" wrote:

> For those of you that have to use Windows, it looks like the Strawberry
> Perl package is now ready for prime time. Since I don't do Windows any
> more, I can't say how well it works. But everything I've hear suggests
> that it is worth a look.
>
> G. Wade

I still use ActiveState 5.8.0  Never had a good reason to
upgrade.  The module list is OK, not great.  Par does
not work perfectly with it, but kinda works.  That is
one of the few complaints I have about it.

This is the first I have heard of Strawberry.  I don't plan to
switch right now, but I'll keep my eye on it.

I use Perl a whole lot and can't really do without it.

I see now that Strawberry is good for the module selection:
http://parsedcontent.blogspot.com/2007/11/no-more-perl-monopoly-for-active-state.html

Mike