[pm-h] YAPC is behind us

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat Jun 30 07:35:34 PDT 2007

For those of you who did not make it to YAPC::NA, you guys missed out
on a wonderful experience. As one of the main organizers, I only
managed to make a couple of talks. I learned something in each talk I
attended. Considering I've been doing Perl for about 15 years, that was
a bit of a surprise.

In addition to the talks, attendees got to meet and talk with some of
the movers-and-shakers of the Perl community. (Getting to talk with
Allison Randall about Perl 6 garbage collection has settled some of my
fears about what is happening for Perl 6.)

I hope to bring some of the things I learned about Perl community back
to the Houston.pm meetings.

Remember our next meeting is July 10. I've had some questions about
whether we are going to get back to technical meetings.

Let me know if you want more technical meetings or more social meetings.

Some of us talked at the conference, and there may be some interesting
ideas coming down the pipe for Houston.pm.

Keep an eye on this space.

Simplicity and elegance are unpopular because they require hard work and
discipline to achieve and education to be appreciated.
                                                  -- Edsger Dijkstra