[pm-h] which book to buy?

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 06:02:31 PDT 2007

On 6/13/07, Russell L. Harris <rlharris at oplink.net> wrote:

> Which of the following books would best complement Learning Perl
> and the Perl Cookbook?
>
>     => Intermediate Perl

I like this one.

    => Advanced Perl Programming

>     => Perl Best Practices

I like this one, too.

The motivation for purchasing the third book is to get free shipping
> on the Perl Cookbook, which I am about to order.

Here's what I'd do...go with either the Intermediate Perl or Perl Best
Practices.  Whichever one you didn't go with, take the Master Class
following this year's YAPC::NA -
http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2007/master.html.  It's $200, but I think
it's well worth it, seeing as how the book authors are the ones teaching the
classes (well, Randal is actually teaching Damian's class, but he is one of
the authors for Intermediate Perl, used to be one for Programming Perl, and
is one for Learning Perl).  You'll also get the book for the class.

I know, it's sort of salesy, but I'm trying to boost the numbers. :-)

Jeremy