[pm-h] October meeting notes

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 16 16:35:23 PDT 2006

"G. Wade Johnson" wrote:

> The October presentation notes are now on-line at
> http://houston.pm.org/talks/2006talks/0610Talk/index.html
>
> After the presentation, a few people expressed interest in creating
> modules. I mentioned the Module::Starter module and some of the Test::*
> modules. The book "Perl Testing: A Developer's Notebook" was also
> mentioned.
>
> What is the interest in a presentation on this subject?
>
> One possible format would be a kind of workshop approach, where we
> start from nothing a build up a small module going over some of the
> issues you can expect to see.
>
> Any interest?
>
> G. Wade

Yeah, I'm interested in that topic.  I was just looking on
CPAN today for a module that would calculate volume
in a partially filled horizontal vessel with elliptical ends.
I was surprised I couldn't find one.  I did find
Math-Volume-Rotational-0.11.tar.gz, but didn't want
to start that basic.

Anyway, I'm mildly interested in knowing how to write
a module for mass consumption.  I've written 2-3 for
myself, but haven't followed all the rules on those.

Mike