[Hardware-pm] Device::WebIO

Timm Murray tmurray at wumpus-cave.net
Sun Sep 21 07:34:20 PDT 2014

Hi all,

A little while ago on this list, I mentioned making a unified interface for
controlling all the SoC devices that have been coming out.  I'm pleased to
say that there has been quite a bit of progress on it, and v0.002 was
released to CPAN yesterday:

https://www.wumpus-cave.net/2014/09/20/devicewebio-family-version-0-002/

There's currently drivers for Raspberry Pi, Firmata (Arduino), and
PCDuino.  I'd encourage anyone who has another type of board to make a
driver implementation.  Just about anything that runs a derivative of
Ubuntu or some other Linux distro will be able to run Perl.  There's also
the possibility of communicating with smaller devices over some wire
protocol, like we do with Firmata.

If anybody has an Edison, Banana Pi, or BeagleBone, I'd very much like to
see this ported there.

Thanks,
Timm