[Hardware-pm] Perl WebIO Equivalent

Timm Murray tmurray at wumpus-cave.net
Tue Jul 22 06:34:41 PDT 2014

So I was thinking about doing a garage door opener with Raspberry Pi, and
in Adafruit's tutorial, there was a link to WebIO:

https://code.google.com/p/webiopi/

This provides a framework with a REST API for controlling the Pi's control
pins from a browser.  It's written in Python, and the REST API is
documented in the tutorial sections for the devices:

https://code.google.com/p/webiopi/wiki/Tutorial_Devices

I'd like to see a Perl equivalent with some improvements:

* Written with Mojo or Dancer (I'm partial to Mojo, but not strongly), plus
Moose (Moo? Mo?)
* Supports cameras with an HTML5 video stream
* Plugable backends to support the Rpi, pcDuino, or any of the dozens of
other single board computers that are coming out

It'll be a fair-sized project.  Is anybody else interested in working on
this?

Thanks,
Timm