[grand-rapids-pm-list] Perlmongers

Ed Eddington Ed.Eddington at priorityhealth.com
Thu Jul 26 06:58:08 PDT 2007

GR Perlmongers,

There will be no formal gr-pm meeting this month. I will be out of town tomorrow. But if anyone wants to gather for a social lunch, feel free to reply to the list and arrange it. See you in August for Catalyst (see below)!

I'd like to hold the September talk at a different location and time than usual. If someone would like to help arrange this, please contact me.

Has anyone outside of PriorityHealth had the problem where they do not receive the original message posted to the mailing list, but do receive any replies? If so, please let me know.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Upcoming Events:

Fri, Aug 31 - 11:30 - 1:00 PM
Johnathan Rockway - Catalyst (Perl's "Ruby on Rails" environment)
Priority Health Conference Center

September (tbd)
Andy Lester - Things you may not know about Perl

October (tbd)
Matt Heusser - Intro to Perl

"Where have all the young hackers gone?"

This topic was recently discussed on the pm_groups mailing list. The following questionnaire was forwarded and responses came from various pm groups around the world. Here are a couple of the more interesting ones (Portugal; Ruhrgebiet, Germany; Barcelona, Spain; Tokyo, Japan).