[grand-rapids-pm-list] possible speaker

grand-rapids-pm-list at pm.org grand-rapids-pm-list at pm.org
Sat Dec 15 09:58:26 PST 2007

I'd love to have Dominus up here. I think we could even work out funding.

The problem is the marketing to make it not embarrassing ...

--heusser

On Dec 15, 2007 10:32 AM, <grand-rapids-pm-list at pm.org> wrote:

>  Here's a possible speaker.
>
> http://perl.plover.com/appearance.html
>
> I am not conveniently located to make arrangements for Detroit or Grand
> Rapids, but if someone closer is interested in arranging an appearance,
> please do.
>
> Bruce Reed
> Midland, MI

Matthew Heusser,
Blog: http://xndev.blogspot.com

"...well over half of the time you spend working on a project (on the order
of 70 percent) is spent thinking, and no tool, no matter how advanced, can
think for you. Consequently, even if a tool did everything except the
thinking for you -- if it wrote 100 percent of the code, wrote 100 percent
of the documentation, did 100 percent of the testing, burned the CD-ROMs,
put them in boxes, and mailed them to your customers -- the best you could
hope for would be a 30 percent improvement in productivity. In order to do
better than that, you have to change the way you think."
-Frederick P. Brooks, [paraphrased]
As quoted from
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-1999/jw-07-toolbox.html