Improving GR.PM

Matthew R. Heusser HEUSSERM at student.gvsu.edu
Fri Apr 25 12:18:52 CDT 2003

Folks:

At the Gr.pm meeting today, we batted around a few ideas that might help bring GR.pm back up to full speed.

A few things we discussed:

1) People who present get to pick a book, take it home, and Keep it. This is designed to encourage people to present. :-)

2) Joel M. is going to talk to our librarian and see if we can get O'Reilly to contribute books again.  Specifically, we need a free flow of book reviews.  I'm expecting a post in the next few weeks about how to write a review and where to send it ...

3) Matt H(anfield) is going to present next month on content management systems in Perl.

4) I have presentations available on software development models (WHY doesn't Matt like waterfall?), iterative models (what is the win-win mode?) Or I could do two or three hours on traditional testing and test strategies.

I could also do another hour, easily, on XP and the Planning Game.  Extreme Programming (XP) is so big, it's hard to cover in an hour.

5) Albert "Al" Tobey is going to be the host when meetings are at Priority-Health.  If you need a whiteboard, projector, etc, he's the man.

6) Sooner or later, we're going to merge the mailing list into one.

7) Or, next month, we could do mongolian barbeque.  BD's.  .... Please?

I guess that's it for now.  Please feel free to post your comments.

regards,

Matt H.