Networking question

Ben Carlson beaker457 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:57:29 CST 2002

Bill,

  Networking certainly is a good topic and has been developing on and off
for many years so I'm sure there is a great deal of depth to cover with
comparing two operating systems (BSD and Linux).

To communicate via the net don't both BSD and Linux both have
to output a certain protocol, maybe redefining your scope to one OS and
concentrating on the reasons why they chose certain avenues to get to the
final result could be a possible topic of discussion that might give you a
more defined goal.  Personally I would just be happy to understand how one
of them implements the IP stack and protocols.

I would certainly focus on Linux, for the most part a great deal of it's
implementation of things are simpler.  This not only makes for an Operating
system you can understand, but one you can tweak and make better.

Good luck,

Ben Carlson