A better solution, Part IV (A New Hope)

matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com
Mon Jan 29 10:05:55 CST 2001

>BTW, why didn't we all get to see your sever code?
>You got special plans for it or something???  : )

   It's attached in ASCII format.  Considering that my presentation ran nearly
an
hour, and considering the speed with which the priority healty guys took off,
I didn't feel like killing the trees to hand out 20 copies ...

   The server is just like Christiansen's Array of Sockets in The Perl
Cookbook, but I had to add a hash of arrays to get it to actually do anything.
Writing the primitives was fun as well.   The next revision should
be better, possibly abstracting the functions into a shared package, or possibly
(but probably not) adding some object oriented features.  ;-)

regards,

Matt H.
(See attached file: MPTServer.pl)