Lending Library

Siner, Rick Rick.Siner at priority-health.com
Mon Feb 7 07:45:09 CST 2000

None  :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Brandon Gohsman [mailto:brandon at squareonedesign.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 1:46 PM
To: Perl Mongers
Subject: Lending Library

Greetings everyone,

As many of you have probably already noticed, there are a lot of books
floating around and no one person really knows where they all are right now.
So, I have concocted a scheme for figuring it all out (then I'll have to
maintain it but that's another story).

What I am asking everyone on the list to do is to post the books that they
currently have (title and author) to the list. If you have no books, please
reply anyway and simply say "none". From that, I am going to build a little
database and then maintain it with evangelical vigor. And, somehow,
reconcile the database after every meeting with Ed. The preferred deadline
for doing this is before our next meeting so that we will have the
information available to anyone looking for a particular book.

This may sound a bit anal-retentive, but it is simply so that I can answer
questions about the lending library. I'm not really concerned with who has
what or how long (the less books in my box, the happier my back is). But
right now when someone asks me about a book, I look in my box and say, "yes
I have it" or "I have no idea", which makes me a pretty lame librarian. So
this seemed like a plausible solution.

Thanks,

Brandon