Image coordinate data

Brandon Gohsman brandon at squareonedesign.com
Thu Sep 30 08:51:04 CDT 1999

Greetings!

This may or may not be a Perl question but it sounded like something that
could easily be done using a GIF file and Perl.

I need to develop a way to take a scanned, line-art (black and white pixels
only) image and generate cartesian coordinate data representing the pixels
that are on or off. The data should take a form something like:

(0,0)=0, (0,1)=1, etc. or something similar stored in an array(s).

Simple right?

Anyway, I don't currently have the book on graphics manipulation but we
touched on it at the last meeting and this sounds feasible. If anyone knows
how to do this, and it is simple enough to cover in an email, that would be
great.

Thanks,

Brandon Gohsman
Square One Design