The NSA Has Special Crypto "Back Door" in MS Windows ADVAPI.DLL (?)

Joel Meulenberg joelm at blueribbon.com
Sun Sep 5 01:42:07 CDT 1999

This is so disturbing.  If you haven't already, you should read:

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB19990903S0014
http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html

Two things I take away from this:

1.  Open Source is everyone's friend.

2.  Before hearing this, let's just say I was in a state of not being
enamored with Mickeysoft's operating systems (I've lost sooo much of my time
to rebooting them!), but now I'm actually a little bit afraid of them.

Granted, this story hasn't been confirmed as true, but you know that if
Mickeysoft had the opportunity to spread this kind of FUD (fear,
uncertainty, and doubt) to damage a competitor, they'd be all over it.

+Joel