Encryption, UNIX, Private Keys & Government Resolution ...

Matt Heusser mattandap at allegan.net
Fri Sep 3 06:58:51 CDT 1999

 ... I was reading "Mastering Algorithms with Perl" the other
day, and noticed all the restrictions on exporting encryption
software.  It's really annoying.  Anyway, just got this e-mail
(below) that includes some information gr.pm might be
interested in ... (I don't know about you, but I prefer a
non-orwellian future to an orwellian one ... ;-)

 BTW - This is serious - not a urban legenda like the "Good
times" virus e-mail - i've read about these proposals on
mlive.com and other reputable media sources.  (Okay,
okay, I was listening to NPR one day as I was flippin' stations ...)

Matt H.