Spread the calm...

Gathen, Bill bgathen at usxchange.com
Fri Oct 22 07:54:32 CDT 1999

I have a moral objection to asking people to forward news items, but if this
eases your mind, feel free to share the joy.
DON'T download the text and forward that, either: it wastes bandwidth and
destroys credibility...

Cringely is the resident "insider" for the entire computer industry (he's
authored the two definitive PBS specials on Silicon Valley: "Triumph of the
Nerds" & "Nerds 2.0.1"), so please give him a little more credit than the
panic-mongers trying to sell you something who say we have two months until
the end of civilization.

I realize that we programmers are not as bent out of shape about this as the
general public, but I happen to be related to a lot of "regular people" and
most of them could use some calming down.  Quite possibility you're in the
same boat.  However, delete this if you think it inappropriate for the list.

See you January 1st...

Bill