[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Perl Mongers THIS Friday - Catalyst, Selenium, and Free Pizza

Al Tobey tobert at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 13:43:56 PDT 2006

Where:
Priority Health Conference Center
3111 Leonard St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3111+Leonard+St+NE,+Grand+Rapids,+MI+49525+(Priority%20Health%20Conference%20Center)&spn=0.016144,0.039312&hl=en

When:
Friday, October 27 2006 @ 11:30am

What:
This week, Jason Porritt will be presenting on Catalyst and Selenium.
 Here's what he has to say for himself:

==
"The past couple of years have seen a flurry of activity in the realm
of web application frameworks.  Specifically, Ruby on Rails gave the
world a taste of easy, fun web development that sparked other
development communities into action.  The Perl community's response to
such development platforms, the Catalyst Web Application Framework,
seeks to provide many similar benefits while also building on the
strong base that CPAN provides.  We'll take a look at the makeup of
the framework and get our feet wet with some of the official tutorial
material (on CPAN as Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial).  Official site:
http://www.catalystframework.org/.

I'll also do a brief overview of Selenium, a cross-browser web
application test tool that has proven to be useful for automating
acceptance tests and collecting simple performance metrics.  Official
site: http://www.openqa.org/selenium/."
==

As usual, free lunch will be provided.   Please RSVP so we know how
much to order.

-Al