[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Perl Mongers Friday! Lightning talks and 2006 Elections!

Matt Hahnfeld matt.hahnfeld at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:55:15 PST 2006

Don't miss this month's meeting of the Grand Rapids Perl Mongers!

Who:
  Grand Rapids Perl Mongers, New Members, and Visitors
What:
  Lightning talks!  (5 minute fun presentations on interesting Perl topics)
When:
  This Friday, January 27, 11:30am - 1:00pm
Where:
  Priority Health Conference Center, 3111 Leonard St. NE (49525)
Why:
  Meet with other folks who enjoy Perl, elect a new president and vice
president for 2006, enjoy free pizza, and hear some great lightning
talks.

There is never a fee for a Perl Mongers meeting.  Please RSVP to
matth at everysoft.com prior to the meeting if you want *free* pizza.
Nominations for new club officers will be accepted at the meeting, and
new officers will be voted in at the end.

Unfortunately, I am traveling out of the state this weekend and will
be unable to attend the meeting.  I do want to say thanks for allowing
me to serve as your president for the past year -- it's been a
rewarding experience to say the least.  I wish the best of luck to the
new president and other officers.  I also want to thank Al Tobey (vice
pres) and Matt Heusser (program chair) for their hard work and
dedication to Perl Mongers.

And finally, I would like to take the opportunity to thank Matt
Heusser in advance for taking the time to set up this month's meeting
and moderate the lightning talks.  Matt has been working hard behind
the scenes to gather up an excellent group of speakers for this month.
 You won't be disappointed!

Enjoy!

Matt Hahnfeld
President, Grand Rapids Perl Mongers

P.S. There will be one additional vote at this month's meeting -- a
vote for who has delieved the best lightning talk!  The winner will
walk away with a $20 Applebees gift card.  If you're interested in
presenting a lightning talk and joining in the competition, please
contact Matt Heusser (matt at xndev.com) prior to the meeting.
Additional talks will be accepted as time permits.