[grand-rapids-pm-announce] GR Perl Mongers Lightning Talks - Jan. 27

Matt Hahnfeld matt.hahnfeld at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 06:11:06 PST 2006

Hello all!

A week from this Friday, Grand Rapids Perl Mongers will start 2006
with a collection of lightning talks about Perl, CPAN, Open Source,
and other interesting topics.  Our activities chair, Matt Heusser,
will be arranging the presentations and mediating the talks.  A
lightning talk is simply a 5 minute talk, often humorous, about a
certain topic.

Although we already have a pretty good lineup, we're still looking for
more speakers.  If you would like to give a 5 minute talk at the next
meeting, please write to me (matth at everysoft.com) or Matt Heusser
(matt at xndev.com) with a description of your topic.  We can set you up
with a computer for a slide show or Linux command prompt if needed for
your presentation.  If you've been wanting to present on something,
here's your chance!

We'll also be having elections during our January meeting, so if
you're interested in running for president, vice president, or
activities chair, please show up on January 27!  We will accept
nominations at the beginning of the meeting (or e-mail them to me
ahead of time -- matth at everysoft.com), and elect our new officers
based on the nominations.

Here are the details:

Who: Grand Rapids Perl Mongers Members and Guests
What: January Meeting, Elections, and Lightning Talks
When: January 27, 2006, at 11:30am (meetings usually last 1-1.5 hrs.)
Where: Priority Health Conference Center (3111 Leonard St. NE, 49525)
Why: Why not?

Hope to see you there!  As always, there is no cost for Perl Mongers
meetings and newcomers are always welcome.  Lunch will be provided
free of charge to those who RSVP to matth at everysoft.com prior to the
meeting.

Matt Hahnfeld
President, Grand Rapids Perl Mongers