[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Perl Mongers -- Cal for Speakes!

Matthew Heusser mheusser at charter.net
Thu Sep 29 08:22:10 PDT 2005

Call for Speakers

The Grand Rapids Perl User's Group ("Perl Mongers") is currently seeking speakers for the 2006 season.  Meetings are typically held the last Friday of the month, every month, at the offices of a corporate sponsor, during the lunch hour.  We seek professionals, educators, and hobbyists who have something interesting to share, along the following general lines:

-	Practical Perl Tips & Techniques
-	Powerful modules that no one has heard of
-	Higher-Order Perl: Using Perl to write Perl
-	Advanced Concepts: Threading, Object-Oriented, GUI Development, Web Spiders & web automation, etc.
-	Open Source and Related Tools (PHP, Python, Ruby, Linux, Apache, MySQL, etc)
-	Perl 6 and other new developments
-	"Look at this neat thing I did in Perl / here?s how I did it"
-	Other topics of interest to Software Developers who think for themselves

In the following formats:
-	Lightning Talks of five minutes in length.
-	Short Talks; ten to twenty minutes
-	Long Talks; thirty-five minutes to one hour

Lunch will be provided for speakers; a travel allowance is available to out-of-town speakers.

For more information please contact Matthew Heusser, Program Chair, Grand Rapids Perl Mongers, at matt.heusser at gmail.com or Matt Hahnfeld, president, at matt.hahnfeld at gmail.com.  To submit a talk, email Matt Heusser with your presentation title, a short (20-to-100 word) abstract, and a preferred month to give the talk.  If you think it will help, feel free to also send a list of your qualifications, short outline, or any comments.

Regards,

Matthew Heusser,
mheusser at charter.net
Program Chair, http://grand-rapids.pm.org