[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Perl Mongers Sep. 30 -- Perl That's Simple Enough for Beginners, but Cool Enough for Everyone

Matt Hahnfeld matt.hahnfeld at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:08:10 PDT 2005

Don't miss this month's Grand Rapids Perl Mongers meeting!  Bill Ott
from the Grand Rapids Public Library will be presenting Perl That's
Simple Enough for Beginners, but Cool Enough for Everyone.  He'll
present a number of cool Perl tricks to do fun and (err...) useful
things, like manipulating online polls, automatically entering online
sweepstakes over and over again, or interacting with an air
conditioner over a serial port in a building three miles away.

If you're a newbie or a wizard, Bill's tricks and real-life
experiences with Perl are sure to amaze you.  And, of course,
newcomers and visitors are always welcome.  There is never a charge
for a Perl Mongers meeting.

Where: Grand Rapids Public Library, Downtown
(http://www.grpl.org/yourlibrary/locations/grm.html)

When: 11:30 am on September 30, 2005

Food: More details to come -- we'll be ordering food from the library cafeteria.

Note the venue change!  Don't come to Priority Health, 'cause we won't
be there.  If you get a chance, please RSVP before the meeting to
matth at everysoft.com so we know how many chairs to set up.

Matt Hahnfeld
President
Grand Rapids Perl Mongers