[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Grand Rapids Perl Mongers BOT WARS!

Matt Hahnfeld matt.hahnfeld at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:39:46 PST 2005

Thanks to everyone who participated in February's BOT WARS!  The
winner of this Months competition was "Uberbot", by Jeff Klein, which
really was an impressive display of Perl-based robot wizardry!
Congrats, Klein!

Although we won't be doing another BOT WARS meeting next month, a few
people asked if we could do a mini-competition at the beginning of the
meeting using pre-programmed robots.  Al Tobey, our fearless vice
president, has offered to set up the arena one more time at the very
beginning of next months meeting.  If you want to enter a robot in the
competition, then do the following:

1. Program a realtimebattle robot, on your own, using only Perl.
2. Test your bot to make sure it compiles and runs.
3. E-mail your finished robot code to Al Tobey, tobert at gmail.com,
BEFORE March 25 (probably the date of next months meeting).

If Al gets your robot code, then it will be entered into the
competition.  The first bot to win *two* battles will be declared the
winner (kind of like "2 out of 3", but there might be more than 3).
Each winner will get his/her choice of a book from the Perl Mongers
library.

To get you started, a Perl API and sample code are available here:
http://search.cpan.org/~anarion/Acme-RTB-0.01/
http://realtimebattle.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!

Matt Hahnfeld