[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Perl Mongers Meeting October 28 at Pietro's Back Door

Matt Hahnfeld matth at everysoft.com
Mon Oct 4 19:44:07 CDT 2004

Hi Folks!

The next Grand Rapids Perl Mongers meeting will be Thursday, October 28,
at Pietro's Back Door Pizzeria near 28th Street in Grand Rapids.  Meet at
approximately 5:30pm.  We'll try to throw up some signs pointing to
where we're sitting (hint: look for lots of geeks with camel shirts).

The main purpose of this meeting will be to buy your new president, Matt
Hahnfeld, lots and lots of beer.  As a secondary objective, hopefully we
can eat good pizza and discuss future plans for the organization (as well
as other stuff like Perl 6 and the brainf*ck interpreter for Parrot).

As many of you may have noticed, the Grand Rapids Perl Mongers have been a
bit dormant lately.  Okay, okay, so most Perl geeks aren't the most
organized people on the planet -- but I think we can come up with some
new ideas to make the meetings more interesting.  I already have a few
ideas that I'll throw in a separate e-mail to the list.  Start thinking
about other things you'd like to start seeing at future meetings.  For
example, last month we ordered lunch and did lightning talks and I think
everyone had a good time!

As an added bonus, it would be awesome if we could attract a few new
members -- so this meeting we'll also provide an extra incentive: bring a
friend to Perl Mongers (preferably someone who hasn't been to Perl
Mongers before) and get a free O'Reilly book from the Grand Rapids Perl
Mongers library!

See ya there!

Matt Hahnfeld
President
Grand Rapids Perl Mongers

P.S. Please welcome Al Tobey as the new vice president of Grand Rapids
Perl Mongers, elected at the last meeting!