Google Programming Contest

Steve Poling sdpoling at attbi.com
Fri Feb 8 11:28:55 CST 2002

I didn't see an exclusion of Perl qua Perl. Can't you take your
deathless Perl prose, run it through a transmogrifier that generates
(crufty) C++?

It doesn't violate the rules as I saw them written and it would let you
leverage Perl's strengths. I get the impression that Google isn't
looking for code-beauty, but for cool functionality. Ergo, if you do
something megacool in Perl, it'll compensate for the cruftiness of the
autogenerated C++. And besides, if you're a mage of power (and which
Perl programmer wouldn't claim that), you can easily port your Perl hax
into C++.

 http://www.google.com/programming-contest/