Another IDE for Perl?

Steve Johnson steve at bbdltd.com
Fri Dec 15 11:45:25 CST 2000

Hmm...  I think I'm addicted to curry because I'm getting cravings already
for
that Thai SMELA LYK HORS BAR NA dish I tried :-)

Anybody try this, yet:

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10142-108-69420.html

Description
>From the developer: "Perl Builder 2.0 for Linux is a complete integrated
development environment (IDE) for Perl. Key features include a visual
editor/debugger that is similar to Windows programming tools like Visual
Basic and Delphi. The CGI Wizard component lets both novices and experienced
programmers create powerful scripts visually, without writing code. CGI
simulation lets you run, debug, and test scripts on the Linux
desktop--without the need for a Web server. Output such as personalized HTML
and automated email messages can be examined visually, right in the IDE.
Version 2.0 is a major upgrade with a greatly improved editor and dozens of
new features and refinements geared toward both professional developers and
those just getting started with Perl. The Perl Builder IDE includes all the
features you expect in a professional development tool, including color
syntax highlighting, automatic indentation, a full-featured debugger with
mouse-over variable inspection, single step, watches, data structure dump,
etc. Perl Builder 2.0 offers full support for creating CGI scripts, as well
as interactive system administration scripts, Perl/TK applications, or
general purpose Perl programs. A Windows version is also available."

Note: This is a 30 day trial; full version retail price is $279.