APM: Frederick.pm

Duncan McGreggor oubiwann at myrealbox.com
Thu May 16 06:20:27 CDT 2002

Well, guys... Time to share what's going on:

1) Ellen and I have been thinking about moving out to Oregon or
Washington for about 2 years now, but only recenlty has she wanted to
make the move. So last month, I started applying for jobs at companies
out there, and I am starting to get responses back - and things look
promising. There is a slim possibility that I could be gone within a
month, however in all likelihood, it will be 2 or 3. Even this is sooner
than expected, seeing how we had planned on making the move in the late
Fall.

2) Ellen's parents are coming in to town tonight.

3) Star Wars is playing.

For these three (the last two, really) reasons, it might not be such a
good idea to have a get-together tonight!

But back to me leaving: I would really hope that you guys want to keep
this up ('cause perl is just too damn cool) - I know that I will be
joining a .pm out West as soon as I get there (I'm already on a couple
lists). I would like to pass the accounts and logins off to either Jason
or Art. I know that Jason would love this, but I haven't heard from you
in a while, bud! Don't know what's going on in his life right now. Art
and Jason have been sysadmins and perl users for at least as long as I
have (Art's actually been using perl longer than either Jason or I...).
I'll let you guys feel that out, see what would be most convenient..,

I'm sorry that we haven't had a chance to bring David Bradford in for a
meeting yet - maybe we can arrange that for my going-away meeting ;-)

I'll keep everyone posted and let the group know my timeline as things
begin to solidify.

Talk to you soon,
Duncan