APM: Last night

Duncan McGreggor oubiwann at myrealbox.com
Wed Apr 10 06:52:41 CDT 2002

Wow, so I guess it's time for our next meeting already! I haven't been
in touch with David lately and we haven't found a place that would be
suitable. I've emailed the Brale group in the hopes of finding someone
that I can talk to about getting the room in the Patapsco building.

So, seeing that the meeting was supposed to be tomorrow and we don't
have a place and I haven't talked with David yet, are we all cool on a
postponement? David, is next Thurday good for you to come out and talk
to us about references?

By the way, I was working on my resume last week, and I went through
every trouble ticket I have worked on in the past year, classifying them
as I went. I then saved it as a CSV file. I wanted to find out the
percentages of the areas I worked on, so I wrote a little snippet in
perl and I thought you guys might like to play with it (yes, I'm using
globals... I know, I suck). We can go over it some time if you like.

open(FILE, "Bug List - My History3.csv");
%::vals;
$::tot;

while (<FILE>) {
        chomp;
        $::vals{(split /,/)[1]}++;
        $::tot++;
}
close(FILE);

@keys = sort { $vals{$b} <=> $vals{$a} } keys %::vals;
foreach ( @keys ) {
        print "$::vals{$_} : " . ($::vals{$_}) / $::tot * 100 . " : $_\n";
}

This generated the folloinw list (minus the headers):

*Bugs :    Percent         :   Category*

80 : 18.4757505773672 : "Maintenance"
63 : 14.5496535796767 : "Troubleshooting"
52 : 12.0092378752887 : "Proecess and Documentation"
42 : 9.69976905311778 : "Networking"
41 : 9.46882217090069 : "Internal IT Support"
37 : 8.54503464203233 : "Monitoring and Reporting"
25 : 5.77367205542725 : "Software Development"
23 : 5.31177829099307 : "Software Setup"
18 : 4.15704387990762 : "Security"
14 : 3.23325635103926 : "Systems Engineering"
9 : 2.07852193995381 : "Client Support"
8 : 1.84757505773672 : "Database"
7 : 1.61662817551963 : "Management"
6 : 1.38568129330254 : "Partner Interaction"
5 : 1.15473441108545 : "QA and Testing"
3 : 0.69284064665127 : "Acquisition"