[Edinburgh-pm] New open-tech lighting-talks meetup

Anthony Randell anthony.randell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:31:40 PDT 2022

Hi All,

The URL from the talk last night -
https://datamap.gov.wales/maps/woodland-opportunity-map-2021/; this links
to the map abstract and you can get to all the other links from there.

The map is running using a variety of open GIS systems

   - geoserver - serving up OGC web feature services / styling the data
   - postgres - database
   - geonode - lots of the interface functionality
   - mapstore2 - shiny interface on top; as well as hooks so that
   everything is also available in Welsh, including column names for
   identifying elements on the map

If you want to learn more about trees than you ever imagined I can
recommend the UK forestry standard, this is a voluntary code but really
encouraging -
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-uk-forestry-standard

Cheers,
Anthony