[Edinburgh-pm] problems deleting cookies

Alex Brelsfoard alex.brelsfoard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 19:41:41 PST 2013

Hi All,

Time for another stupid question (I'm up far too late....):

Can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work:

    my $cgi = new CGI;
    my $cookie = $cgi->cookie(-name    => $cookieName,
                            -value   => '',
                            -path    => '/',
                            -expires => '-1d', );
    print "Set-Cookie:  $cookie\n";

All I'm trying to do is delete a cookie.
I swear this code used to work fine.
But clearly I must have changed something because now it is no longer
working.

Thoughts? Advice? Better ways of doing this? Help?

Many Thanks as usual,

Alex