[Edinburgh-pm] Thursday!

Edwin Brady edwin.brady at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 15:36:08 PDT 2012

On 27 Jun 2012, at 00:31, Miles Gould wrote:

> On 26/06/12 19:06, Murray wrote:
>> I've booked a table at the Cumberland for 6.30 under my name.
>
> I'm planning to be in Edinburgh that day, but it'll depend on how well I'm getting on with my various projects. I'll try to make it along for a bit.

I'm flying back from Foreignistan to Edinburgh on Thursday, so I may consider hanging about for a couple of hours and joining in.

> PS I've read various people on the Internet claiming that writing a compiler is barely harder than writing an interpreter. These people are, quite categorically, full of shit.

My experience has been that you can make it barely harder than writing an interpreter as long as you already know how to write a compiler and have most of a compiler already handy. So, yes, I agree, but I'm willing to rant more on the topic in the pub if you and I both make it :).

Edwin.