[Edinburgh-pm] Thur 26th April

Aaron Crane perl at aaroncrane.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 09:35:19 PDT 2012

Nick <oinksocket at letterboxes.org> wrote:
> Last time I went, Holyrood 9a was okay, served food, ale, and was reasonably
> sizable, I think.  Not too far from Waverley should that be required.

Yeah, I do like the 9A — much better than that place ever was as the
Holyrood Tavern.  Not sure if you've seen my other mail, but I'm
suggesting it as the place to meet Dave when he's in town next week.

> Barony Bar, Cask and Barrel, might be contenders, but it's been a while.

The Cask and Barrel is nice enough, but doesn't do food afaik.  The
Barony serves food, but it's fairly small, and usually mobbed in the
early evenings, so booking would probably be vital.

I'd be OK with either, though, if that's the consensus.  At least you
didn't suggest the Phoenix across the road. :-)

> And there's Doctors, if we can stray further from rail links (not my fave but
> does food and ale and is sizable.)

Yeah, not my fave either, though it is conveniently located, at least
from my point of view.  And only about 11 minutes' brisk walk from the
westbound platforms at Waverley.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/