[Edinburgh-pm] Call for Talks - Perl on Speed

Marco Fontani fontani at gmail.com
Mon May 2 05:07:02 PDT 2011

Hello fellow 'mongers,

Our next technical Glasgow.pm meeting is scheduled for Thursday 12th
May, at the usual location.
The website has been updated.

I call for all those who mentioned bringing a talk to come forward, so
I can then update the site/make all aware of which talks will be
given.

This time I'd like to try something slightly different though,
regarding Lightning Talks.

This month's lightning talk topic is "Perl on Speed". I would
encourage all to bring a small lightning talk (5-10 mins) regarding
Perl and speed.
It may be anything from "oh look I sped up my program X% by doing this
instead of that", to "look at this ugly script which takes ages to
run, any suggestions?".

I hope you like the idea, and will be able to both attend and bring a
talk on topic :)

Looking forward to seeing you all soon,

--
Marco Fontani