[Edinburgh-pm] Embarrassingly n00bish question

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 02:53:59 PDT 2011

If it's your own workstation, then why not just install the Perl
modules using MakeMaker or Mobule::Build? (The are usually installed
in /usr/local, so won't interfere with your distro's Perl modules or
core ones.)

Otherwise, there are ways to install libraries in a local ~/lib
directory. Search Google.

http://search.cpan.org/~stbey/LocalModInstall-1.0/LocalModInstall.pl
may also be  useful.