[Edinburgh-pm] Ideas for a second monthly pm meet in a cafe?

Nick oinksocket at letterboxes.org
Mon Aug 29 05:59:56 PDT 2011

On 28/08/11 23:56, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
> So would anyone on the list be interested in a regular meeting in a cafe,
> south side of town, either lunch time or perhaps 4pm? (This would be a
> second meet each month, and not a replacement for the regular meetings in
> the Cumberland.)

Yep.

> I'm open to suggestions for cafes. I know of many along the Meadows-
> Tollcross-Bruntsfield-Morningside, but nothing nearer to Kings Buildings.

(Of the top of my head)

Earthy Foods?  Causewayside. Nice food, but not very cheap.

Spoon?  Southbridge. Large café space above street level. (Not esp. close to
Kings but has good bus connections)

> I might even call it a "south side scripting meetup" and invite people
> interested in other scripting languages.

You could be even less specific than that if you felt like it.  Depending on
what format you had in mind.