[Edinburgh-pm] Ideas for a second monthly pm meet in a cafe?

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 15:56:57 PDT 2011

Hi,

I know of a few people (mostly who work on the south side of town, including
Kings Buildings) who would be interested in attending Perl Mongers meetings,
but who (1) don't drink, and don't like pubs and (2) find an evening meetup
on the other side of town difficult to get to.

So would anyone on the list be interested in a regular meeting in a cafe,
south side of town, either lunch time or perhaps 4pm? (This would be a
second meet each month, and not a replacement for the regular meetings in
the Cumberland.)

I'm open to suggestions for cafes. I know of many along the Meadows-
Tollcross-Bruntsfield-Morningside, but nothing nearer to Kings Buildings.

I might even call it a "south side scripting meetup" and invite people
interested in other scripting languages.

Rob