[Edinburgh-pm] VOTE: Picnic location & dates

Murray perl at minty.org
Thu Aug 11 16:23:37 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 02:55:37PM +0100, Murray wrote:
> I propose to close this poll next Friday (5th Aug).  Thanks to those who've
> voted already.
>
>     http://www.doodle.com/pxndpwwzqaqnfhwx

Thanks to all who voted!

The overwhelming winners (sorry Wim!) being:

    Where: Meadows

    When: Replacing regular August meeting (Thur 25th Aug).

Anyone care to suggest a good patch of lawn to meet?

Also, anyone know what's going on around George Sq this year?  It's close-ish,
and it often has "watering facilities" during silly season, which would suggest
meeting somewhere north west of the tennis courts perhaps?

This assuming it's not piddling with rain ...

... Cloisters as the "rainy day pub" alternative?

ps. the day after, Friday 26th August, there is (the free to attend)

    http://www.dynamiclanguages.co.uk/dlc2011/

Might I suggest you alert as many of your techie friends, ESPECIALLY those
using Ruby, Python, JavaScript, PHP, VBScript, Objective-C or any of the other
many dynamic languages we all know and love.  Anyone who codes is welcome,
especially if you code dynamically!

pps. Richard Stallman is giving a talk.  Did I mention it was free to attend?