[Edinburgh-pm] venue

Murray perl at minty.org
Wed Mar 3 13:06:28 PST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 05:55:02PM +0000, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
> On 19/02/10 12:49 Murray wrote:
>> On the subject of administrative issues ... I find I much prefer the
>> Cumberland Bar [1] to the Guildford Arms [2] these days.
>
> Cumberland does get crowded by special events now and then, so perhaps
> we should check with them about reserving a space in one of the small
> side  rooms.(And perhaps inquire about this before voting on it, so we
> know it's available.)

Done & they're happy to reserve us one of the rooms off the main bar
area.

Given the responses where either positive or ambivalent, with nobody I
noticed objecting ...  I'm proposing a poll/vote:

  http://bit.ly/b01m5u

Stay at guilford or move to cumberland.  Note that not voting doesn't
increase the likelyhood of no change, so vote early!  I propose voting
remains open until Friday 12th March (week Friday).  In the event of a
tie, I'll flip a coin with witnesses present.

To recap, I'm proposing the cumberland because:

- free wifi
- friendly(er) bar staff
- serves reasonable bar food (until 9pm)
- open until 1am
- beer garden
- will reserve us space
- has my name on the bar