[Edinburgh-pm] Beer money

Hakim Cassimally hakim.cassimally at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 04:31:08 PDT 2010

On 30 July 2010 12:26, Miles Gould <miles at assyrian.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:54:38PM +0100, Ollie Saunders wrote:
>> Sorry, I realized after I left the meet up today that I hadn't paid
>> for my beer. I'm be happy to reimburse whoever covered for me next
>> time. Thanks.
>
> I'm pretty sure I ended up paying less than my fair share, too, so
> please speak up if you got stiffed.

An innovation I like a lot is the london.pm "beer glass stuffed with money".

As mongers arrive, they stick a fiver, tenner, twenty, whatever in a
beer glass, to cover the likely amount of drinks they'll have.  As
drinks are bought, someone takes the glass to the bar and pays with
that.

If you've drunk more than you paid for, then you pay some more.  It's
entirely possible to abuse, but I don't think anyone does.  Mostly, by
the end of the night, there is a bit of money left over, which can be
used to tip the staff or divvied out.

The great advantage though it's not subject to the random fluctuations
of money spent on "your round" ;-)

osfameron (Hakim)