[Edinburgh-pm] OT: Footie

A Smith asmith9983 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 06:36:11 PST 2010

Hi Murray
I'm no expert either but I have some knowledge.
The hierachy of leagues  is:-
Scottish Premier League(SPL) - comprising teams such as Glasgow
Rangers,Celtic,Hearts,Hibernian
Division One - comprising Dunfermline,Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Division Two -  not very entertaining play by less skilled players  on often
mudbath pitches
Division Three - As div 2 but a more depressing 90 minutes.( 2 x 45 minute
halves)

SPL is all seated, maybe div 1.
For a fixture tickets and costs  call  one of the clubs of the match you
intend to go to. I know the Dunfermline Chairman and I think a ticket there
is £19/game, so by the time you add parking, the pub and maybe a meal, and
possible getting drooked, it adds up to an expensive afternoon. BTW Remember
the *Offside* rule.
I played for the local Boys Brigade where I lived, only because there were
only eleven boys in the club.  Also, I had customers who were shirt sponsors
to Dunfermline  and St Johnstone.

As well as the leagues, there is the knock-out Scottish Cup.    You may not
be able to get match dates so far ahead. Select a club, and call their
office.
Report back.
--
Andrew