[Edinburgh-pm] [Fwd: Fwd: Proofs are Programs: 19th Century Logic and 21st Century Computing on the 16th March]

Miles Gould miles at assyrian.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 11:07:22 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 04:43:54PM +0000, Nick Woolley wrote:
> I thought this talk might be interesting to certain readers of this list.
[snip]

Looks intriguing! But what kind of level will the talk be pitched at?
Can I bring non-techie friends, or will he stride in, turn to the
blackboard, and say "Let L be a first-order language recursively defined
over an alphabet Phi. Recall Yoneda's Lemma..."?

Miles

--
Knowledge dispels fear.
  -- Motto of the RAF Parachute Training School