[Edinburgh-pm] Emergency Parrot

Aaron Crane perl at aaroncrane.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 07:35:17 PST 2009

Murray writes:
> I hear voices in my head saying Parrot 1.0 may hit ~17th March 2009.
> This strikes me as cause for an emergency social

Yay, cheap excuse for drinking!

> (parrot hitting 1.0, not the voices in my head)

Oh, shame.

> and further perhaps worth extending the invite to all the other
> locals who deal in languages that Parrot claims to host [1]

I'm down with that.  I think the Perl community and the communities
surrounding other dynamic languages share common cause a lot more than
we tend to assume.  Since Parrot aims to be a VM for implementing such
a wide range of dynamic languages, this seems like a particularly good
event for us to get together with our counterparts elsewhere.

> Further, I would like to propose the following as a venue for said
> social:
>
> http://www.cumberlandbar.co.uk/
>
> It serves food, has oodles of space, and is reasonably central.  And
> also has some decent real ales.

Ah, a fine choice, sir -- that's a nice wee boozer.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/