[Edinburgh-pm] Meeting time?

Miles Gould miles at assyrian.org.uk
Fri Feb 13 04:11:49 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:37:26AM +0000, David wrote:
>    Hello Edinburgh Perl Mongers,

Hello!

>    I'm working on organising the next Edinburgh PHP User Group (EdPUG)
>    meeting,

Awesome. I'll pass the word on to the PHP guys I work with.

>    Right now we are thinking about second Tuesday or the second Thursday of
>    each month,
>    Tuesday, March 10 (second Tuesday)
>    or
>    Thursday March 12 (second Thursday)

Both of those would be fine by us. Our meetings are on the fourth
Thursday of the month (but the sinister Edinburgh Perl Heretics also
meet, by candlelight and wearing hooded robes, on the final Thursday of
the month in months with five Thursdays).

>    and I've suggested
>    Cafe Negociants
>    45-47 Lothian St
>    Edinburgh EH1 1HB

I don't know it, I'm afraid. Space and good beer are the key things you
need: it's good if you pick a pub where food can be bought, but that's
probably less essential.

>    Do you have any suggestions about specific meeting places, or dates?

We found a lot of other tech groups meet on Wednesdays, which caused us
problems back when we met on a Wednesday night. But IIRC your suggested
dates should be fine...

Miles

--
The problem with both of them [RSS and Atom] is that they're not so much
protocols as manifestos for new societal norms, just like XML is.