[Edinburgh-pm] REMINDER: social, wed, guildford arms

Rory Macdonald rory at employees.org
Mon Oct 9 15:01:42 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 19:25 +0100, perl at minty.org wrote:
> For those without one-liner perl scripts to remind them ...
>
> Beer! Or similar!  This Wed (11th)! 7.30ish! Guildford Arms!
> http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=EH2+2AA
>
> I almost certainly won't be rolling up late or reeking of whisky this
> time :)

Sadly, again, I can't make this Wednesday.

> ps. anyone have any interest in trying to put a mini tech talk evening
> together sometime soon-ish?  Or giving a short talk about something
> perl-ish people may be interested in?

We chatted about this a few months back, and (IIRC) Aaron mentioned that
he could deliver one of his talks. I think his latest YAPC::Europe talk
was "A Month of Getopt: 31 Modules in 20 Minutes". I'd certainly be up
for hearing that if Aaron was up for it.

I don't recall anyone else that night fessing up to an inclination to
deliver a perl chat. Anyone else want to share some knowledge?

Rory