[Edinburgh-pm] [OT] Whisky Evening

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 05:26:41 PST 2005

On 11/01/2005 01:42 PM Anthony Randell wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> At the last get together, after a few drinks, it was suggested that a
> whisky evening would be a great idea...
>
> Are folks still interested?

Oh yeah!

> I'm not really sure of the best format but I have some ideas:
>

> a) Scottish Malt Whisky society tasting evening - there's an open
> tasting 11-Jan-2006

A bit far off.

> b) Whisky potluck - I.E. bring a bottle...
>
> This has the advantage that it's cheaper but it would be at someone's
> house.  I don't mind running it but we're on the outskirts in ...

If there's something to drink besides whisky, sure.  Otherwise a few
hours of just whisky could be a bit over the top.

> c) Informal - descend on a pub with a good whisky selection and drink
> whisky...

I actually think this will be the best idea.  And more economical: a
couple of pints and a few drams will last me a night and cost less than
a bottle of a good single-malt.

Rob