[Edinburgh-pm] [OT] Whisky Evening

Anthony Randell anthony at randell.org
Tue Nov 1 05:42:15 PST 2005

Hi All,

At the last get together, after a few drinks, it was suggested that a whisky evening would be a great idea...

Are folks still interested?

I'm not really sure of the best format but I have some ideas:

a) Scottish Malt Whisky society tasting evening - there's an open tasting 11-Jan-2006

Venue: 28 Queen Street
Address: 28 Queen Street Edinburgh EH2 1JX

"Join us at 28 Queen Street to taste and explore your choice of any five malts from the New Year Bottling List. How will you decide? Not to worry, our bar staff are on hand to offer you some friendly advice if you should need it. A superb bar supper is also served. Tickets £25 (Drivers £18)"

http://www.smws.co.uk/venues/queen_st.php

b) Whisky potluck - I.E. bring a bottle...

This has the advantage that it's cheaper but it would be at someone's house.  I don't mind running it but we're on the outskirts in Gilmerton (the 29 and 3 will take you within 100m).  Basically bring a bottle you enjoy (and don't mind other people drinking), and we can do an informal tasting until the last bus / neighbours complain.  This has the advantage that it's cheap!

c) Informal - descend on a pub with a good whisky selection and drink whisky...

Less hassle to organise and more central.

If you're interested, let me know which format you prefer (a, b, or c).

Cheers,

Anthony