[edinburgh-pm] Randal book coming soon

Rory Macdonald rory at employees.org
Thu Feb 5 12:37:32 CST 2004

Hi,

Apress contacted me regarding a book they have out soon by Randal. Here
is their spiel. They are also offering their books cheap(er) to perl
mongers.

****Start of message****
New book announcement: Randal Schwartz's Perls of Wisdom, due to be
published March 2004. Randal Schwartz's Perls of Wisdom is a collection
of more than 70 of Randal's columns, teaching everything from Perl
basics to how to decompose XML using an HTML parser. Randal's unique
writing style and (sometimes) truly twisted use of Perl makes for
exciting reading for those who want to enhance their Perl skills. ISBN:
1-59059-323-5/Softcover/326 pp/RRP: £18.50 - special offer price:£13.87
plus p&p £3.00.

Apress, The Author's Press, is a different kind of publishing company.
Our books are written by experts who are given the freedom to write
books they know are needed by programming professionals. Apress offer
user group members 25% off all books. Please visit the web site:
www.apress.com and send your order to Stephanie Parker:
stephanie at svl.co.uk or 01483 414113 to claim the special rate.

I'm also receiving some review books (including Randal's) from them
shortly. I will post book titles here as they arrive should anyone wish
to review one.

Regards

Rory

--