[edinburgh-pm] Which Perl module for reading from simple databases?

Richard Clamp richardc at unixbeard.net
Wed Oct 15 11:56:58 CDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 04:51:37PM +0100, David Marsh's listreading hat wrote:
> through a webform on localhost if that is supported. I explicitly don't
> want to go to the hassle of MySQL (although I'm perhaps open to
> persuasion on that?).

It might be worth looking at sqlite[0] then, it gives you a real
sqlish database without having to maintain a real database server.

I use it with Class::DBI for small stuff as it's the simplest thing I
could find that Class::DBI supports.

[0] http://sqlite.org
    http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBD-SQLite

And for an interactive shell, dbish from the DBI::Shell distributions

--
Richard Clamp <richardc at unixbeard.net>