[edinburgh-pm] ullo all

Michael Dales michael at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Wed Aug 8 09:55:25 CDT 2001

Ah well, if this is turning into a PA meeting...

I'm Michael, and see Perl less as a scripting language, more as a way of life
;) I'm in Glasgow, but can easily be persuaded to visit Edinburgh if beer is
involved.

It is my belief that Perl code is self documenting as Perl is a natural first
language, but occasionally needs translating into other language for less
mortals.

I worry that Perl 6 will screw up all my code. The Campaign for Real Perl
starts here.

I have discovered ePerl which allows me to use Perl as a hardware description
language now - this is *very* useful.

Oh, I probably count as a geek. Sorry.

--
Michael Dales --- email: michael at dcs.gla.ac.uk --- tel: +44 141 330 6297
Department of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ