[Dub-pm] what's Perl used for anyway?

Aidan Kehoe kehoea at parhasard.net
Thu Sep 30 09:42:52 CDT 2004

 Ar an triochadú lá de mí Méan Fómhair, scríobh Dermot McNally:

 > > written in PHP. I inherited this setup, and I'm entirely happy with it,
 > > save that MySQL is a fucking toy and you should never use it for
 > > anything other than playing with.
 >
 > Did you consider replacing it with PostgreSQL? It should be a credible
 > enough drop-in replacement, unless there would be too much local SQL
 > idiom to convert.

Yeah, we will. We do a lot of bespoke web dev for clients as well, as the
SMS services, though, and that means I don't have as much time for in-house
maintenance and further development as I'd like.

--
Like the early Christians, Marx expected the millennium very soon; like
their successors, his have been disappointed--once more, the world has shown